Green Mountain Energy: About, Locations, Rates, Customer Service, and More
Searching for an electricity provider in Texas can quickly prove to be a daunting task.
It is time-consuming, frustrating, and tedious to research the endless electricity companies in the big state.
Green Mountain Energy is one of the 160+ electricity providers available throughout many Texas cities.
This guide will provide abundant information on Green Mountain Energy and highlight some of their available plans and rates.
On this page:
- Green Mountain Energy: What Is It?
- How to Change Electricity Companies in Texas
- Green Mountain Energy Reviews
- Green Mountain Energy Rates
- Green Mountain Energy Plans
- Green Mountain Energy Customer Service
- Green Mountain Energy Locations
- Green Mountain Energy Login
- Green Mountain Energy Bill Pay
- Green Mountain Energy in the News
Green Mountain Energy: What Is It?
Green Mountain Energy was founded in 2011 and is one of the many Retail Electric Providers (REPs) that service cities throughout Texas.
You might also see Green Mountain Energy referred to as “Xoom Energy”.
Unlike many other Texas REPs, Green Mountain Energy holds competitive markets in other states, including:
- New Jersey
- New York
What Makes Green Mountain Energy Different Than Other REPs?
There are over 160+ [REPs](https://www.puc.texas.gov/industry/electric/business/rep/rep.aspx#:~:text=A Retail Electric Provider (REP,to buy electricity at retail.) throughout Texas.
Why so many?
In 2002, Texas Senate Bill 7 approved electricity deregulation in Texas. This meant that energy consumers were able to choose their electricity provider from dozens that serviced their area.
Because of this, the electricity market became competitive in Texas, making Green Mountain Energy one of many providers throughout the state.
So how is Green Mountain Energy different than all of the other Texas providers?
- They only offer clean energy created from natural, renewable sources like the sun, wind, and water.
- They are available in other states outside of Texas.
- They serve and support projects while donating to nonprofits.
How to Change Electricity Companies in Texas
Even though Green Mountain Energy company might sound like a provider you would want to purchase electricity from, there are dozens of electricity providers that service your Texas area.
Whether you’re looking for your first Texas electricity provider or you are hoping to change electricity companies, the process of researching the various REPs and starting an account can be annoying, exhausting, and tedious.
If you’re first looking to cancel Green Mountain Energy services, you can contact Green Mountain Energy customer service.
When you’re ready to begin searching for your new REP, you can use one of two approaches:
- Manually research the dozens of REPs available in your area. This method is time-consuming and there’s no way to guarantee you made the right choice.
- Take the guesswork and comparison out of the process by using an advanced algorithm that does it all for you.
Our partner, Power Wizard, uses an unbiased algorithm that finds you the best electricity provider for your unique needs in your area in less than five minutes. Click here to get started.
Green Mountain Energy Reviews
When choosing your electricity provider, you want to read Green Mountain Energy reviews, as well as reviews for all other companies you might be considering.
Reading REP reviews is important because:
- They can give insight into the company’s customer service.
- You may learn about hidden fees or charges.
- You can learn how reliable the service might be.
It is important to note that many customers leave reviews for one of two reasons:
- They truly enjoyed their experience and want to praise the company.
- They had a terrible experience and want to be sure everyone knows about it.
Oftentimes, people with neutral feelings about a company will not leave a review.
You likely want:
- Reliable and efficient electricity service
- Helpful customer service that is easy to contact
- A predictable bill each month with no hidden fees
- Easy access to your account
Reading reviews on Green Mountain Energy might be helpful.
- Read about common customer complaints with Green Mountain Energy at the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
- Find Green Mountain Energy customer reviews on Yelp.
Green Mountain Energy Rates
Green Mountain Energy is one of 160+ REPs available throughout Texas. Just like most of the other electricity providers, Green Mountain Energy offers a handful of electricity plans with a variety of rates that might work best for your energy needs.
Green Mountain Energy offers plans centered around:
- Wind energy
- Solar energy
Both wind and solar energy options have numerous plans to choose from with current rates varying from 10.3￠/kWh to 15.1￠/kWH.
To view the most up-to-date rates and plans offered by Green Mountain Energy, visit their website and enter your Texas zip code.
But don’t be too quick to settle with Green Mountain Energy.
To be sure you’re receiving the best electricity plan and rate available in your immediate Texas zip code, head to Electricity Company Texas to view all of the providers in your area.
If you’re an energy consumer in Texas, you can use Power Wizard - a partner of Electricity Company Texas - to ensure you’re signed up with the best electricity provider for your exact needs, hassle-free.
Green Mountain Energy Plans
There are dozens of Green Mountain Energy plans available for both residential and commercial energy users.
Green Mountain Energy offers so many different electricity plans because residents and business owners in Texas have different needs.
Take Cole and Linda, for example:
Cole lives in a small one-bedroom apartment in downtown Houston. He works at an office five days a week and spends most of his weekends out with his friends. He is rarely home, besides to sleep.
Linda is a mom of three kids. They live in a 2000 square-foot home outside of Houston. Although she works out of the home and her kids are all in school, Linda’s family uses a lot of electricity. They run appliances daily, use electronics for school-work and gaming, and have a larger home to heat and cool.
Cole and Linda would benefit from two very different electricity plans, and Green Mountain Energy wants to be sure they have an energy plan that would be helpful to both lifestyles.
Green Mountain Energy plans include:
- Pollution Free™ e-Plus (6, 12, 24, 36)
- Pollution Free™ All Nighter 12
- Pollution Free™ (month-to-month)
- Go Local Solar 12
- Solar with Green Mountain Driver 36
- Solar All Nighter for EVs 12
- And more
Electricity Company Texas, along with our partner Power Wizard, can help you find the best Texas electricity company and plan for your needs, whether that be with Green Mountain Energy or another Texas REP.
Click here to use Power Wizard’s unbiased algorithm and you can be signed up with your new electricity provider in less than five minutes.
Green Mountain Energy Business Plans
If you are a business owner in Texas, Green Mountain Energy might have an electricity plan that will work for you.
Before moving forward with Green Mountain Energy for your business, consider:
- Your exact Texas zip code
- The age of your property
- Historical electrical usage
With this information in mind, Green Mountain Energy might not be the best electricity provider for your needs. But how could you be sure you’re finding the best electricity plan for your business?
You can go to Green Mountain Energy’s website and spend time researching and reviewing the available business plans.
This is time-consuming, and you might not like what you find.
Instead of wasting your time researching Green Mountain Energy and other various REPs, you can use our partner Power Wizard’s unbiased algorithm.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to Power Wizard’s website and enter your zip code into the Free Savings Estimate tool.
- Answer a small handful of other questions relevant to your business and energy needs.
- Wait patiently for less than five minutes.
- Be matched with the best electricity plan for your business, whether that be with Green Mountain Energy or a different electricity provider.
Green Mountain Energy Customer Service
If you need help with:
- Reading your bill
- Paying your bill
- Reaching your utility
- Setting up services, or
- Addressing any issues...
...Green Mountain Energy customer service is available to help.
You can reach Green Mountain Energy customer service by phone at 866-785-5668 if you’re a current customer or 866-301-3120 if you’re a new customer:
- Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. CT
- Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. CT
Customer service at Green Mountain Energy is also available via online chat or through a contact form on their website.
Green Mountain Energy Locations
Green Mountain Energy provides electricity to a handful of utilities that are available throughout Texas, including:
- AEP Texas
If you’re a Texas resident or business owner who receives electricity through one of these utilities, you can use an electricity plan with Green Mountain Energy.
Green Mountain Energy provides electricity to residents and business owners in Houston, Texas.
If you’re local to Houston and looking for a new REP, Green Mountain Energy might have a plan that works for you.
Those local to Dallas can use Green Mountain Energy for their electricity needs.
If you’re in Fort Worth and need electricity, Green Mountain Energy might have a plan that fits your needs.
But before you move forward with a Green Mountain Energy electricity plan, check to be sure you’re choosing the best plan for your electricity needs.
By using an unbiased algorithm, like the one offered by Power Wizard, you can ensure that your new electricity plan is the best one for you.
Green Mountain Energy Login
If you’re a customer with Green Mountain Energy, you will have access to their online portal through your Green Mountain Energy login.
When signed in to your Green Mountain Energy account, you can:
- Pay your bill and view your past billing information
- View available plans
- Review your contract
- Read through FAQs
- Chat with Green Mountain Energy customer service
- And more
Green Mountain Energy Bill Pay
Many Texas REPs, including Green Mountain Energy, offer a variety of ways to pay your energy bill.
- Pay online through Green Mountain Energy’s website. You can use your online portal to add and save billing information for automatic payments or login to pay your bill by its due date.
Pay by mail. Use a check to send in your bill via mail to the provided Green Mountain Energy address:
PO Box 660305
Dallas, TX 75266
3. Pay over the phone. You can call the Green Mountain Energy phone number at 1-866-785-4668 to securely pay your bill with an automated system.
4. Pay in person. Use a pay-in-person location (CheckFreePay, Barri Financial Group, Fidelity Express) with your remittance slip and a small processing fee.
Green Mountain Energy in the News
- Green Mountain Energy has provided options for customers who are facing difficult times due to the effects of COVID-19. They have offered payment extensions without fear of services being canceled, as well as a deferred payment plan to help their loyal customers.
- Sun Club, Green Mountain Energy’s donation program that provides grants to nonprofits, has reached the $10 million mark. Sun Club has helped more than 120 nonprofit organizations with creating projects that focus on renewable energy, energy efficiency, and conserving the environment.
- In early 2020, Green Mountain Energy’s Sun Club donated $17,000 to the Wichita Falls Arts Council to help replace all of the incandescent lights on the campus. The light replacements would make the campus more energy efficient, lowering heat output and reducing the costs of maintenance.