Amigo Energy Texas: About, Rates, Locations, Customer Service, and More
On this page:
What is Amigo Energy?
Amigo Energy is one of the dozens of Retail Electric Providers (REPs) in the state of Texas. They’re also known as Tara Energy.
They’re headquartered in Houston, Texas.
But, let’s go back to the fact that there are dozens of REPs in Texas:
Why are there so many electricity companies in Texas?
Texas has deregulated electricity, which means that private companies can compete to sell electricity to consumers like you. Amigo Energy is one of these electricity companies in Texas that is competing for your business.
What makes Amigo Energy different than all the other REPs?
Amigo Energy is different than the other REPs because of a couple of reasons:
- They only service specific areas of Texas.
- They have specific electricity plans that they’ve created.
- They have different perks and marketing strategies to try to win your business.
Amigo Energy’s service areas, electricity plans, perks, and Terms of Service are going to be different than the other REPs in the market. That’s what makes them different.
How To Change Electric Companies In Texas?
Are you currently buying your electricity from Amigo Energy? Or maybe you’re using another REP in Texas but are considering switching to Amigo Energy or are wondering, “What other electric companies service my area?”
Switching electricity companies in Texas is not only possible, but it can be easy too.
Many electricity consumers think that switching REPs is difficult. It doesn’t have to be.
How To Find The Best Electricity Plan In Texas
You want the best electricity plan for your home. You want to find the cheapest option that’ll work for your family.
We don’t blame you.
But, do you know how to find the best electricity plan?
There are two ways to find an electricity plan.
- Don’t just look for the cheapest price per kWh. The cheapest price per kWh in Texas might not be available in your zip code. If it is available in your zip code, then it might not align with your usage. As a result, you could end up overspending.
- Don’t search for plans directly from Retail Electric Providers. They might not have the best plan in the area.
- Don’t forget to read the contract and terms of service. There may be hidden fees or other relevant information in the contract. If you don’t read it then you might end up paying more than you originally thought.
Here’s what you should consider if you are searching for a Texas electricity plan manually:
- Find out how much electricity you use monthly. Electricity plans are often structured by kilowatt-hours per month. To choose the best plan, you’ll need to know your historical usage.
- Find out how old your home is. Older homes are likely to be less energy-efficient than newer homes.
- Find out how large your home is. Larger homes usually use more electricity than smaller homes. The size of your home will influence which electricity plan you choose.
As we mentioned above, there’s a much easier way to shop for an electricity plan in Texas:
Amigo Energy Rates
Amigo Energy’s electricity rates are constantly changing.
To find the most up-to-date Amigo Energy electricity rates, look at the table below.
Going directly to Amigo Energy’s website to buy electricity could lead to overspending:
Why would buying directly through Amigo Energy lead to overspending?
Amigo Energy’s website doesn’t take into account important factors that help determine which is the best plan for you. Their website doesn’t consider:
- Your home’s usage
- Your home’s age
- And other necessary factors
Shopping directly through Amigo Energy’s site might cause you to overspend for other reasons, too:
Right now there are dozens of REPs in Texas and hundreds of electricity plans on the market.
How can you be so sure that Amigo Energy will provide you with the best plan for your home, your usage, and your zip code?
Instead of risking overspending, there’s an easier way to shop for electricity in Texas.
Amigo Energy Reviews
As an electricity consumer, you want to make sure that the REP you choose has good reviews.
Why are electricity reviews and ratings important?
They allow you to see what real electricity consumers say about Amigo Energy. Oftentimes when people leave reviews, they share real stories about problems they had during their service, anecdotes about how nicely they were treated when they called customer service, and more.
By reading these reviews and ratings, you can potentially see what your experience will look like if you choose Amigo Energy.
But, here’s the bad thing about reviews:
Usually, people who leave reviews are either:
- Really happy
- Really upset
Most people with neutral experiences aren’t going to leave reviews.
So, the reviews that you see are usually not representative of everyone’s experience using Amigo Energy. They are likely to share the extremes of peoples’ experiences.
There’s even more that you should consider when reading reviews:
These electricity companies often have a process of asking for a positive review within the first week of signing up. The first week of someone’s electricity service isn’t representative of their entire experience. People are much more likely to leave an opinionated review, whether positive or negative, after just 3 days of using an electricity company.
Here are some links to read Amigo Energy reviews and ratings:
- You can read customer reviews and ratings about Amigo Energy on Yelp.
- You can read customer complaints about Amigo Energy and other REPs by going to the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
One final reminder about reviews of Amigo Energy:
They don’t tell the whole story. Recent data was released sharing that angry customers are 2 to 3 times more likely to leave an online review than a happy customer.
Keep that in mind!
Amigo Energy Plans
Amigo Energy has dozens of electricity plans that you can choose from.
Why do they have so many plans to choose from?
They have plans for different energy usages. For example, they’ll have a certain plan for 1,000 kWh per month and a different plan for 2,000 kWh. They might have a plan for prepaid electricity in Texas or a plan that requires no deposit.
As we mentioned, Amigo Energy’s plans and rates are constantly changing.
Amigo Energy Business Plans
Are you an entrepreneur, founder, or owner looking to find a business electricity plan?
Amigo Energy does provide electricity to businesses in Texas.
Here’s how to save money on your business electricity plan:
- Understand which REPs service your zip code.
- Determine your historical usage as a business.
- Figure out how old your building is (to evaluate energy-efficiency).
- And much more.
Then, you evaluate which of the hundreds of plans is the best fit for your business building.
Figuring out this information manually will likely take you hours of work, comprehensive spreadsheets, and the stamina to read through technical Terms of Service full of legal jargon.
Amigo Energy Customer Service
If you’re looking to get in touch with Amigo Energy’s customer service team, then you can call them directly. Their phone number is +1 (888) 469-2644
You can call them during standard business hours to ask billing questions, service-related questions, and more.
If you’re having an electricity-related emergency, please dial 911 and get help immediately.
Amigo Energy Login
Amigo Energy, like most REPs in Texas, has a customer portal that you can log into.
This portal usually allows you to see the following items:
- Plan information
- Previous billing information
- Upcoming bills that you need to pay
- Your signed contract
- Help center
- Live chat
- And more
To log in to your Amigo Energy account, you’ll have to go to their website.
Amigo Energy Pay Bil
Most REPs allow you to pay your bill through a couple of different ways:
- Pay your bill through their website: Most REPs allow you to log in to your billing portal and add a credit card for automatic payments. It usually allows you to manually make individual payments as well.
- Pay your bill over the phone: Most REPs allow you to call a toll-free number that willl connect you to their billing department. From there, you can securely pay over the phone.
- Pay your bill by mail: Most REPs allow you to pay your electricity bills by mail. When paying via mail, you’re usually required to pay by check. They usually do not allow you to pay in cash. REPs will also supply you with the proper mailing address so that you can feel confident your payment will get to the right place.
- Pay your bill in person: Some REPs allow you to pay your bill in person. This is the least common form of payment since it’s more work for both the REP, and the electricity consumer.
To find out if these payment methods apply to Amigo Energy, please visit their website or contact their customer service team by calling 1-888-469-2644.
Amigo Energy Locations
Amigo Energy services many cities throughout Texas. REPs like Amigo Energy aren’t regulated to servicing certain locations.
What does this lack of regulation mean?
It means that Amigo Energy can enter as many deregulated cities in Texas as they want. During the time this information was written, Amigo Energy mainly services Houston, Dallas, and Corpus Cristi.
They can choose to exit any of the cities they’re currently in. They can also choose to enter deregulated cities that they’re not currently servicing.
Amigo Energy is headquartered in Houston and services the Houston area.
If you live in Houston and are looking to buy an electricity plan through Amigo Energy, then you’ll need to make sure that they service your specific zip code.
If you’re looking for the best electricity plan in Houston for your home, your usage, and your specific situation, then only considering Amigo Energy could be a big mistake.
Amigo Energy may not be the best REP for you. The only way to find out is to research every other REP and the dozens, if not hundreds, of potential plans.
Amigo Energy services the Dallas area.
If you live in Dallas and are looking to buy an electricity plan through Amigo Energy, then you’ll need to make sure that they service your specific zip code in the Greater Dallas area.
If you’re looking for the best electricity plan in Dallas for your home, apartment, or business, then only shopping with Amigo Energy might not get you the best plan.
Why might Amigo Energy be the wrong REP for you?
There are dozens of REPs that service Dallas. The only way to find out if Amigo Energy is the right electricity company for you would be to compare their plans to all the other Dallas electricity plans.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Amigo Energy services the Corpus Christi area.
If you’re considering Amigo Energy for your home or apartment in Corpus Christi, then you first need to make sure that they can provide electricity to your specific zip code.
Here’s some important information about electricity in Corpus Christi:
Amigo Energy isn’t the only REP that services Corpus Christi. In order to find the best plan for you, you’ll need to compare Amigo Energy’s rates with all the other electricity companies in Corpus Christi.