Constellation NewEnergy Texas: About, Rates, Locations, Customer Services, and More
On this page:
- What is Constellation NewEnergy?
- How To Change Electric Companies In Texas?
- How To Find The Best Electricity Plan In Texas
- Constellation NewEnergy Rates
- Constellation NewEnergy Reviews
- Constellation NewEnergy Plans
- Constellation NewEnergy Business Plans
- Constellation NewEnergy Customer Service
- Constellation NewEnergy Pay Bill
- Constellation NewEnergy Locations
What is Constellation NewEnergy?
Constellation NewEnergy is a Retail Electric Provider (REP) in Texas. They were founded in 2001 and also goes by the names Aes NewEnergy, Newenergy, Constellation, and Startex Power.
They’re headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Constellation NewEnergy is just one of the 150+ electricity companies that operate in the state of Texas.
Why are there over 150 electricity companies in Texas? How can they all do business in the same place?
In Texas, there's something called a deregulated electricity? What does this mean for Constellation NewEnergy? What does this mean for you?
Deregulated electricity in Texas means that companies like Constellation NewEnergy can sell energy directly to consumers like you. The state of Texas, back in 2002, allowed private companies to buy electricity from electric utility companies. They can then resell that electricity to consumers in Texas.
What makes Constellation NewEnergy different than all the other REPs?
First, Constellation NewEnergy sells more than just electricity.
They're also a natural gas provider. Many REPs in Texas only supply electricity. This is the first thing that makes Constellation NewEnergy different than the other REPs.
Second, Constellation NewEnergy supplies electricity and natural gas to more than just the state of Texas.
They also operate in the following states:
- New Jersey
- Washington DC
Constellation NewEnergy also differs from the other electricity and energy companies in Texas because of the following reasons:
- They supply electricity and energy to specific areas within Texas.
- They have created unique energy packages that only their company sells.
- They have different promotions, marketing strategies, and other tactics to get consumers like you to sign up.
How To Change Electric Companies In Texas?
Are you currently using Constellation NewEnergy and are interested in changing to a different electric company?
There are two ways that you can find a new electricity company in the state of Texas:
- You can manually spend frustrating hours searching through each REP online (and likely going down confusing rabbit holes):
Most people in Texas use this first option. And it's the wrong option.There are over 150 electricity companies in the state of Texas. To properly go through every single website, every single plan (which there are likely thousands of available plans in your area), and then to choose the right plan based on your unique needs, would take days if not weeks.
But it gets worse:
At the end of it all, there's still no way that you can be confident that you’ve chosen the right plan for your needs.
How To Find The Best Electricity Plan In Texas
The section above explains how you can find the best electricity plan in Texas.
The best electricity plan for you may be with Constellation NewEnergy. Or, it may not be.
With over 150 different electricity companies in the state of Texas, it's likely that the best plan for you will be with a different provider.
Constellation NewEnergy Rates
Constellation new energy has specific rates that you cannot find elsewhere.
Not only that, but those rates are constantly changing because of the wholesale prices of electricity in Texas. The rates that you see today will likely not be the same as the rates that you will see in six months from now.
To find the most up-to-date Constellation NewEnergy electricity rates, look at the table below.
Can't you just go to Constellation NewEnergy’s website directly and buy an electricity or natural gas plan from them?
This is an option, yes. But, if you choose to use this option, there's a chance that you could overspend on your electricity each month.
Why would you likely overspend on your electricity bill each month if you buy a plan directly from Constellation NewEnergy’s website?
Remember, there are over 150 electricity companies in the state of Texas. Without comparing all of these different companies and the plans that each company has, how can you be sure that Constellation NewEnergy is the right company for you?
Not only that, but Constellation NewEnergy’s website doesn’t factor important information into the buying process to help you find the best plan for your unique needs:
- Your home’s usage
- Your home’s age
- And other necessary factors
Without considering this information, you might choose a plan that doesn't match your specific energy needs. Which, of course, could lead to overspending.
Instead of risking overspending, there’s an easier way to shop for electricity in Texas.
We look at every available plan in the market (not just Constellation NewEnergy’s plans) and help you choose the best one. Our Free Savings Estimate takes less than 5 minutes.
Constellation NewEnergy Reviews
When you buy electricity from a company like Constellation NewEnergy, here’s what you care about:
- Constantly having electricity to your home without having to worry about power outages.
- Receiving an electricity bill each month that matches your expectations. No surprise electricity fees.
- An easy online or mobile app experience to pay your bill, check your usage, etc.
- Whenever you do have to call customer service or chat with an agent online, you don't have to wait hours to get ahold of them.
When you buy electricity from a company like Constellation NewEnergy, here’s what you do NOT care about:
- Receiving a funny email newsletter from your electricity company each month.
- Having your customer service agent be a stand-up comedian and make you laugh while you're on the phone.
At the end of the day, you want good customer service. You don't care if it's amazing or out-of-this-world. You just want them to get the job done.
By reading electricity reviews online, you can see what other customers of Constellation NewEnergy have said about their service experience.
- Was it an easy experience?
- Were the customer service representatives rude and angry on the phone?
- Did they get charged an extra fee that they didn't know about?
Before you read reviews, here's a warning that you must know about:
As an electricity consumer, you want to make sure that the REP you choose has good reviews.
Why are electricity reviews and ratings important?
Usually, people who leave reviews are either:
- Really happy
- Really upset
Not only that:
Sometimes people like to stretch the truth. And there's always two sides to the story.
Therefore, as you’re reading, take everything with a grain of salt.
Here are some links to read Amigo Energy reviews and ratings:
- You can read customer reviews and ratings about Constellation NewEnergy on Yelp.
- You can read customer complaints about Constellation NewEnergy and other REPs by going to the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
Constellation NewEnergy Plans
Constellation NewEnergy has a couple of different types of electricity and energy plans that they offer to their customers.
The types of plans are below:
These include fixed-rate plans, prepaid electricity plans, and variable-rate electricity plans.
They have a number of different plans, each with different rates. So, if you live in a larger home and use a lot of electricity, then they will have a plan that will be designed to match your specific usage.
Renewable Electric Plans
For those people interested in electricity plans that use renewable energy, Constellation NewEnergy has plans specific to their needs.
AC Protection Plans
What is an AC protection plan? And why does Constellation NewEnergy offer this as a service? Here's what their website has to say:
“Constellation offers assistance with air conditioning, heating, and much more in Texas. Our trained experts will help you find ways to make your home more energy-efficient.“
Constellation NewEnergy Business Plans
Constellation NewEnergy offers electricity plans specifically for business owners.
Why do businesses need different electricity plans than residents?
In general, businesses and commercial properties use much more electricity than your average homeowner. Therefore, these plans are designed for businesses that use significantly more energy than your average home.
Because businesses use more electricity, they often pay a lower rate per kilowatt-hour.
Here’s how to save money on your business electricity plan:
Understand which REPs service your zip code.Determine your historical usage as a business.Figure out how old your building is (to evaluate energy-efficiency). And much more.
After figuring out the information above, it's on you to compare that information against all of the available plans on the market.
To determine the best electricity plan for your specific business needs, you would need dozens of hours, probably a part-time employee to figure this out, as well as hiring a lawyer to understand all of the legal jargon in the contracts.
Constellation NewEnergy Customer Service
Constellation NewEnergy has a customer service team that you can call or email. Their phone number is (866) 917-8271.
You can call them during standard business hours to ask billing questions, service-related questions, and more.
If you’re having an electricity-related emergency, please dial 911 and get help immediately.
Constellation NewEnergy Pay Bill
Constellation NewEnergy allows you to pay your bill in a variety of different ways. They do this because they know each person has a different preferred payment method.
- Pay your bill through their website: Constellation NewEnergy makes paying your bill online easy. You simply go to their website, go to the billing section, enter your customer information, and pay your bill. It's simple.
- Pay your bill over the phone: Constellation NewEnergy allows you to pay your bill over the phone. Simply call their customer service phone number, get transferred to the billing department, give them your customer information, and supply a credit card over the phone.
- Pay your bill by mail: If you choose to pay your Constellation NewEnergy bill by mail, you can use the address below.
P.O. Box 5471
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5471
- My Constellation: Residents in the state of Texas are eligible to use something called “My Constellation.” With this program, you do not have to receive paper billing statements. You can do everything electronically, which makes your life easier.
If you're going through a financially unstable period in your life, you can reach out to Constellation NewEnergy’s customer support team to find out if they can give you an extension on your payment.
Constellation NewEnergy Locations
If you live in the Fort Worth area, then Constellation NewEnergy might have plans for you.
Before you choose a Constellation NewEnergy plan in Fort Worth, make sure that you have compared all of the other electricity companies in electricity plans in your area.
Constellation NewEnergy might not be the best Fort Worth electricity company for you and you are specific energy needs. if you choose a plan through them without checking the other providers and plans in your area, you might end up overspending on your electricity bill.
If you live in the Irving, TX area, then Constellation NewEnergy might have plans for you.
Before you choose a Constellation NewEnergy plan in Irving, make sure that you have compared all of the other electricity companies in electricity plans in your area.
Constellation NewEnergy might not be the best Irving electricity company for you and you are specific energy needs. if you choose a plan through them without checking the other providers and plans in your area, you might end up overspending on your electricity bill.
If you live in the Corpus Christi, TX area, then Constellation NewEnergy might have plans for you.
Before you choose a Constellation NewEnergy plan in Corpus Christi, make sure that you have compared all of the other electricity companies in electricity plans in your area.
Constellation NewEnergy might not be the best Corpus Christi electricity company for you and you are specific energy needs. if you choose a plan through them without checking the other providers and plans in your area, you might end up overspending on your electricity bill.